Sunday, March 11, 2018

Fruitful trip from Israel 滿載而歸以色列之行

To pursuit the bounty of nature of the flower prints, I went to Israel to do botanical prints particularly with the wild yellow chrysanthemum for my future project. I was blessed to have a lovely host Betty who is so kind to let me stay for the whole period and provided all the necessities.  More than that my visit to master Irit Dulman was great.  I walked away with piles of prints of new technique Irit showed me. 

I was supposed to do simple prints only with the yellow chrysanthemum, to my surprise I got different yellow tone with mordants learnt from Betty and Irit.  The flowers and leaves prints are amazing!

During my stay in Betty's, she took me to the vicinity with good views and nice walk with  dog Anna.

Wide flowers blooming in spring not only chrysanthemum........
but also mustard flowers
Bees are busy
There are lots of wild flowers, yellow, pink, red....... but I forgot the name of this red flower
We picked the mustard flowers for salad.  Tasty look, yes it's.
I worked on fabrics
Nice prints on silk
   
Yellow flower prints even bold and strong on papers that my Taiwan student gave me 
  

Just a few local leaves make pretty prints. The heart-shaped prints are from oxalis leaf.

The day I visited master Irit Dulman was marvellous.  She showed me her new technique "3DPrintRD".  Amazing to have the brilliant outcome with assorted flowers and leaves.
My heartfelt thanks for Irit's generous sharing and I anticipate to learn the in-depth techniques in her upcoming workshop in Holland soon.

This was my 3rd time of visit to Israel so I didn't go to other places but more in town.  We visited the Design Museum for costumes

I went to Tel Aviv to meet a friend from Hong Kong now lives there.  We walked along the promenade along Mediterranean coast
A dawn walk with Betty in the beach in her place
Stunning sunset 
A garden breakfast with fresh salad, homemade buckwheat toast, pita with goat cheese and figs is healthy
Part of the prints in the shade

Betty is amazing in cooking. Everyday she made me delicious meals with desserts.  The tarte tatin smelt great in baking.

Sumptuous Friday Sabbath dinner with family
Well I'm  back for a week now.  My plate is full and busy as bee.

(Photo credit to Irit Dulman and Idan Levy)

Irit gave me two swatches of the dress prints.  A keepsake I made into a shoulder purse.  I simply sewed together the printed fabric with same size lining then folded and lined both sides.

A purse made with the sample prints from Irit and cotton strap of my own print.

It's size fits for a phone, wallet and keys. I cherish this keepsake and will use it in Irit's workshop in Holland. 

I'm home also with the pants from Betty.   Style is trendy and good reference for my project making.  Also I got the very bold prints of flowers with Betty's alum mordant.  I've just now made my own.  Thank you for Betty's sharing of natural prints as well cooking.  Today I made the buckwheat bread and have a healthy lunch "Bird in the nest".  I made the bread from scratch as Betty's recipe.  To soak the buckwheat, blend it, mix with nuts and bake.  It's easy and healthy.



The piles of fabric prints are ready for my projects.  Just love the yellow chrysanthemum so much.  They're gorgeous prints with different mordant.  Thank you so much for Betty and Irit for their generous sharing.

5 comments:

  1. A wonderful visit, and so productive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great prints, great blog post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. נהדר, נפלא לראות אנשים שבאים מקצה העולם לישראל. אמנות מחברת אנשים. אני התחלתי ללמוד את הטכניקה וממש התמכרתי...כל יום מגלה סודות חדשים שהעצים מגלים לי. הדרך עחד ארוכה אבל מעניינת ומהנה.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...