Thursday, October 29, 2015

Back to nature, back to basic dress 簡約裙子


Back to basic I used the botanical imprinted fabric to make the A-line dress. The leaves used are sumac, euc, onion skins and kinds of unknown from my area. Prints on this silk fabric just enough to make the front side.  The back follows.....
時裝設計非我強項, 簡簡單單用植物移印染的布料, 做了一件雙面穿的 A字裙子, 也有點看頭吧!
  
Lots of swatch of experiments in the stash, some nice some not.  Rather than idle,  I  made the two-sided dress with them.


                       Upper part is Sumac (漆樹科), down part is layout of assorted leaves.
Front and back of the dress
Down part of the back is euc (桉樹葉), Lagerstroemia Indica (紫微) and  little Strobilantes  (馬藍葉) made it purple
             The same dress,  reversible two-sided in different botanical prints. This side is with assorted euc and  rose leaves dipped in iron water, fabric soaked in alum .


                                                                        Back to basic, back to nature - my reversible outfit 

 A casual wear for any occasions
A friend said if I could make the background a bit color or bring out some colors of the leaves would be better.  Quite a nice advice. May be after some days I would put this in a dye pot for a change.

"Before and after " - just before I turned it into a dress.......See Mogi's territorial behavior.  He got it !

  
Well, time for a red after done.



3 comments:

  1. I wish i could make my own clothes , like you do. Your dress is so unique and so elegant. You really earned a glass of wine.... Santé!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning - absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pięknie rozlał się kolor.
    Spodnie też rewelacyjne.
    Pozdrówki.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...