Sunday, October 13, 2013

Natural dyed nuno felt baby sets 天然印染小女孩衣物

These days I've been doing some nuno felt and wool felt with natural dyeing.  Months ago I  attended THEi workshop as guest for their students' works with NGO. (last post), I've scraps of silk dyed in safflower in the experiment.  Also I dyed my silk hankies, silk strings, silk naps and mulberry silk.  
To make use of them a baby dress is made with nuno felt skills for textures with the yellow shades of safflower
一件純白 nuno felt 雪紡小女孩裙子配一對nuno felt 小鞋子, 是否很可愛呢? 我用紅花做出的染色,  不同色調的金黃是這裙子的特點.
The white silk stuff dip dyed in the safflower pot got shades of golden yellow on different materials.  All looks wonderful. 
With the simple sketch of my nuno felt baby dress, silk chiffon base, a little scraps of organza and the safflower dyed scraps as well merino wool, I started the felting.  
I'm very impatient doing any sorts of creation.  I told myself be patient and do well  for this little thing.  Silk strings, pulled silk hankies and white mulberry silk all laid carefully.  The yellow pattern for the flowers are true color dyed from safflower, only the little grayish scraps dyed in a pot with rose leaves.  
After some "rock n roll", color stay the same good.  In 3 hours I finished it , time as usual for this little thing.

Today I made the little bootie to go with it.   Played my magic wand,  turnout in an hour..
A pair of bootie, front and back of the dress.
Nuno felt texture is what I want.  The yellow look is so sweet.

Aren't they adorable?  It's funt to make these little things. 
The set is good for shower or wedding reception.  How beautiful  if you make it for your own baby.  When she grown up you'll recall all those sweet days on her first step of life.......

9 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Terrie...you are very talented. Any baby would be blessed to have such an outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite gorgeous - dainty and delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be a beautiful christening dress for a baby. Maybe you will be grandma some day and can use it for your own grandchild. You have a great imagination and it is wonderful that you can put your ideas on paper and then make them come true in a material form. As a gift any new mother would love it.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha... Susanne, way too far for my own grandchild but love making these sweet little thing any time.

      Delete
  4. Sweet indeed with the safflower yellows and the chiffon/merino combo with scraps; the booties are adorable too, Terrie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginny. When I see your little angles they inspire me making the sweet little things.

      Delete
  5. That's very pretty! I wish I could do all this eco-dye. Will have to try this out one day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful set Terrie! I think you must have a magic wand making the booties in an hour.. well done, they are lovely :) The safflower colours are very pretty.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deborah. A palm size boot is easy as pie. Compare with your big project of adult boots. You're GREAT !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...