Thursday, October 17, 2013

All natural dye - 3D texture clutch flap 質感羊毛手提包

Today I dressed  all in my eco print, lots compliments from my friend.  I said I like natural dye.  "What? You like natural die?"  I said "no no, I meant natural dye".  
I've done quite a lot experiments of eco print / dye. Some are good some are not.   With cool season approaching, wool felt stuff becoming hot.  Since last Jan learnt the 3D textural surface,  can't stop to make bags to make use of the scraps. This is the one just made.

  
I like to use my own "not-so-good" dyed scraps just to make use of every single piece.  This georgette silk I imprinted the euc leaves but no good then dyed in safflower pot.  Still not pleased thus used for the 3D texture of a clutch flap.

After layered around and enclosed the resist and the 3D scraps..... 

Final to lay the safflower dyed silk hankie for a bit yellow sheer look. 

Time out, let the stuff saturate and have my coffee....... Mogi's final check....

Almost 3.5 hours rubbing, rock n roll........ here it comes.
 
The rich texture of the flap with little raw fleece is the way I like to do - a little soft against the hard "twist".
  
Finished with lining, magnet button and detachable strap.
The fold back flap to make an inner pocket is fine and the clutch size is just fit.
Goes well with the natural printed scarf.
A clutch of a detachable handbag is the sample for my upcoming workshop. Also a new item for my winter.
"Mum, it's windy, mind the blow-off.... "
Another 2 pieces of natural print nuno felt scarves are in the making.
Stay tuned, until next time.

7 comments:

  1. Your 'not so good scraps' looked beautiful to me ;-) But, it is always nice to be able to re-purpose those items that we're not completely thrilled with...And, your new handbag is stunning! You make such gorgeous creations.

    Hope that you are having a lovely day. Can't wait to see what you make next.

    Big hugs,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dawn. Your words always encouraging. Whenever I read your comments I'm over the moon.

      Delete
  2. Terriea, es muy bello el bolso.. Delia tiene razón, debes escribir tu libro para enseñarnos a todas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Terrie. The bag is beautiful and I sure like how you finished off the inside, so neat. I like the shoulder strap too. It is all good. Have not seen anything yet in the mail, just so you know. I do believe it comes by little rowboat across that big ocean, lol.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susanne. Hope it arrives anyway. Mailed by registered. Am sure it wouldn't be lost. Just want to see how it goes on you.

      Delete
  4. It's a beautiful bag! I love it. I like your scarves too and your cat is beautiful. I'm here from Susanne's blog. I hope you really enjoy your trip to Canada.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...