Friday, September 27, 2013

Woolly pots 羊毛器皿

 Recently I went to a ceramic exhibition.  The earthwares were quite impressive.  Have been doing some 3D wool felt vessels.  It come to my mind to make woolly vessels functional as ceramic vases or a home decoration.
最近參觀完一個跨媒體陶瓷展覽, 使我嘗試用一次兩層做法製作可盛水的羊毛有花瓶器皿, 同時有鏤空的層次感.

 I got inspired by these pots and made the grey one.
 Made a brownish/reddish one inspired by these  hallow lamps.
The wool vessels are made with two enclosed resists in one go.
 Finished, I call this "Living through...."
這個我稱之為 "生活穿越", 活的植物也可穿梭內外.
 This one I call it "On fire...."
這個嗎......, 我用洋蔥染得金紅的長曲羊毛當做火焰, 姑且稱為 "乾柴烈火".
什麼也好, 都是新嘗試, 小創作. 為我的家居多一件小擺設.
Stoppers are made for decoration
Actually a plastic bottle is inside to serve as a vase 
Vases for fresh flowers, ivy goes inside out.....

 I intended to put the onion dyed long curly fleee for the fire look.  Finished with branches thus call it "On fire".

I find the inner part of white looks better than all in grey
Anyway they're experiments of double resists


Range of 3D vessels I made

Is it really yummy, boy???

7 comments:

  1. It would seem Terrie that the felting can become anything you want it to be. You have quite the imagination and the list of possibilities seem endless for what you make. I like the fire woolly pot, it does look like fire and flame. The colors are gorgeous. Very pretty.
    Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susanne, that's the versatility of wool can make the things wonderful.

      Delete
  2. Ha, that last photo! The vessels look great, Terriea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous - really effective!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are lovely Terrie, my favourite is the red one :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely and creative vessels. Thank you for posting on Felt United, too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...